Freddie fizzles
Yet another reason to believe that the media is anointing all the wrong people in this Presidential horse race.
Fred Thompson not only fell flat in Tuesday night’s presidential debate, he was downright painful. Starting with a nervous stutter that was his answer to the first question on economy, he seemed uncomfortable, edgy and dull. Constantly looking down at his notes and at a loss for words, it didn’t help that he was stuck between the articulate and vociferous front runners either. His so-called smooth southern drawl merely accentuated his lethargy.
And what is worse, he was on a stage, where he is supposed to be at his presidential best. Take away his stage persona and what does he have left?
Like Bill Maher said the morning after the debate, I have never met him but if I had I would have forgotten him quickly. You do want a candidate who looks like he wants to be there… He is just more of George Bush, does not work to hard and clears brush, delegating the thinking to others.
¶ 1:13 PM